Popular travel website TripAdvisor, recently unveiled the results of its pet travel survey of more than 1,100 U.S. respondents, and the top 10 pet-friendly properties in America, according to TripAdvisor travelers. The number of U.S. respondents who plan to hit the road with their furry friends in the next 12 months (44 percent) is significantly down from the past year (71 percent). Fifty-one percent of respondents maintain that it's challenging to find animal-friendly accommodations; however, TripAdvisor has identified some deluxe digs for Fido and family.
Top 10 Pet-Friendly Properties in the U.S.:
1. Beachside Village Resort, Lauderdale by the Sea, Fla. – Average Nightly Rate: $205+ Pet owners visiting Florida's East Coast can enjoy a relaxing stay with their pooch in one of the premier hotel rooms, studios, or suites at this seaside property. Dedicated pet walkers are available upon request for pups in need of a promenade. "The pool area is great and you are right across the street from the beach. Best of all: It's small-dog friendly," commented a TripAdvisor traveler. The hotel welcomes pets weighing 35 pounds or less, and there is a fee of $25 per night for pets.
2. Olea Hotel, Glen Ellen, Calif. – Average Nightly Rate: $260+
Located in Sonoma County, travelers can enjoy the unique amenities at this small boutique hotel. Pets are welcome in the Hillside Queen Rooms and dogs will even receive a special welcome basket that includes treats, bowls and towels. A TripAdvisor traveler noted, "The inn keeper personally showed us to our room where we were welcomed with a cute little gift basket of treats for both us and our pup." There is a fee of $25 per night for pets.
3. Bardessono, Yountville, Calif. – Average Nightly Rate: $650+
Traveling pet owners visiting Napa Valley are invited to stay at this sustainable hotel that boasts organic cotton bed linens and handcrafted bath products. Pooches will be given plush dog beds and bowls to enjoy their supper. A TripAdvisor traveler said, "If you are looking for a small, upscale resort that pampers you (and your pet) do not miss the opportunity to stay here." There is a one-time fee of $150 for pets.
4. Inn of the Five Graces, Santa Fe, New Mexico – Average Nightly Rate: $650+
Located in one of Santa Fe's most historic neighborhoods, this former adobe building is now a spectacular hotel adorned with exotic antiques, rugs, textiles and architectural elements. Guests traveling with pets 50 pounds or less are welcome to stay in one of five perfectly appointed rooms. A TripAdvisor traveler noted, "Waiting in the suite were treats and stuffed animals for the animals!" There is a fee of $75 per night for pets.
5. Five Pine Lodge & Spa, Sisters, Ore. – Average Nightly Rate: $235+
Travelers can hunker down in one of three pet-friendly cabins that provide plush beds, soaking tubs and private balconies, while nearby hiking trails offer plenty of outdoor fun for four-legged friends. A TripAdvisor traveler said, "The pet-friendly cabins are at the edge of the property, just steps away from the bordering forest, so very easy to take them out for walks." There is a fee of $25 per night for pets.
6. The Grand Del Mar, San Diego, Calif. – Average Nightly Rate: $595+
Luxury awaits man and his best friend at this Mediterranean estate. Travelers can relax in the pristine guestrooms where four-legged friends will find their own amenities, including beds, bowls and toys. A TripAdvisor traveler commented, "We had our dog, and the grounds are very green and lush and it was a perfect place to let him roam outside." The hotel welcomes pets weighing 25 pounds or less, with a one-time $100 fee.
7. Sunglow Ranch – Arizona Guest Ranch and Resort, Pearce, Ariz. – Average Nightly Rate: $299+
Situated on 475 acres, pets will have plenty of space to play at this western-style ranch. Traveling pet owners can enjoy a leisurely stroll on the property's three-mile trail and later unwind in the "Hummingbird" and "Coyote" casitas that welcome pets weighing 25 pounds or less. "It was a pleasure to stay in a place where the accommodations are incredibly beautiful and still dog-friendly," said a TripAdvisor traveler. There is a fee of $25 per night for pets.
8. Allison Inn & Spa, Newberg, Ore. – Average Nightly Rate: $330+
Located in Willamette Valley, those with wagging tails in tow can relax in this luxurious hotel. Animals are welcome in terrace-level rooms where pooches will be pampered with tasty treats and kibble. One TripAdvisor traveler said, "Brought the dogs and went wine tasting. The staff took care of all dinner bookings, the dogs had wonderful stew, free room service and the spa was great." There is a one-time fee of $50 for pets.
9. Low-Key Hideaway, Cedar Key, Fla. – Average Nightly Rate: $90+
Nestled in a tranquil island oasis on the Gulf Coast, animal lovers can enjoy the company of their furry friends at this property. Up to two well-behaved pets are invited to accompany travelers to this adult-only retreat. One TripAdvisor traveler commented, "The rooms have a back door that goes directly out to a grassy area with a gorgeous, unobstructed view, so while your dog sniffs around, you can soak up the sights." There is a fee of $10 per night for pets.
10. The Oxford Hotel, Bend, Ore. – Average Nightly Rate: $299+
This boutique hotel strives to provide a memorable stay for travelers and pets alike. Included in the animal-friendly amenities are a bed, travel-size dog bowls, pet salve, organic dog treats, and a map of nearby parks and trails. "One of the best and pet-friendly," noted a TripAdvisor traveler. There is a one-time fee of $55 for the pet package.
Published with permission from RISMedia.